This is a reminder that tomorrow, May 8th, is a Professional Development Day. There are no classes. Have a great weekend!
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
This is to inform you that SD 85 will not be offering DL courses in the 2015-16 school year.
School District 85, Vancouver Island North, is closing its Distributed Learning school effective the end of June, 2015. So that student work can be marked and the marks sent to the Ministry of Education before teachers begin their summer break, all unfinished student work must be completed and submitted by June 22, 2015.
SD 85 DL school appreciates the involvement it has had with students from many districts across the province.
There are many other DL schools in BC that offer a wide variety of courses to students province-wide. If you are enrolling in another DL school and they have questions about your work through SD 85 DL school, please ask them to contact me at email@example.com or at 250-949-7443 extension 3222 before July 10, 2015. Due to my retirement I will be unavailable to provide assistance after that date.
Thank you for your involvement with the SD85 DL school.
The April 2015 newsletter has now been posted.
During the months of January to April, School District 85 is participating in the 2015 Ministry of Education Electronic Anonymous Satisfaction Survey Project in cooperation with all other school districts throughout the Province.
Parents/Guardians can complete the Internet Electronic Anonymous Surveys any time before midnight April 30th, 2015, providing immediate satisfaction level results to the school and the district.
For 2015: Students in Grades 4, 7, 10 and 12 complete the survey; Parents/Guardians of Grade 4, 7, 10 and 12 Students complete the survey; and all Staff associated with a School complete the survey. Schools may survey other grade levels after finishing the grades above.
Your Anonymous Code
* Please call or email PHSS for your code @ 250-949-7443 or firstname.lastname@example.org *
To complete the survey:
- Go to any computer that has an up-to-date internet browser access at home, work, or school. Go to www.bced.gov.bc.ca/sat_survey/access.htm
- Enter your anonymous PIN access code.
- Complete the survey by clicking on the “radio buttons” for each question. Move to the next set of questions by clicking on NEXT in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When you are finished the survey you will get a message “Thank you for sharing your views”.
- If you feel you made a mistake, repeat the procedure above.
- Once complete, your school will have the results immediately.
Thank you for participating in this innovative project. If you need more information or would like to see the results for the District or for PHSS, please contact the school.